What is Tobacco Cessation Counseling?
The development of a treatment plan to assist with erradicating tobacco usage from daily life; thus improving the overall health and quality of daily living.
Why Should I quit Tobacco Usage?
- Tobacco use is the #1 cause of preventable, premature disability, disease, and death in the US.
- Smoking is the major cause of Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (COPD) including Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis. Over 85% of deaths due to COPD are related to cigarette smoking!
- Cigarette smoking is responsible for 30% of all Cancer deaths and 20% of all Heart Disease deaths.
- Nearly 90% of all Lung Cancer deaths are caused by smoking.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy such as patch, gum, lozenge, inhaler, nasal spray
- Oral Agents such as Bupropion or Chantix
- Modification of behaviors such as discontinuation of tobacco use in your home, car and/or workplace.
- Stress Management Techniques- individualized.
- Complimentary Therapies such as Hypnotherapy, Accupuncture, and Reiki.
- Tobacco Support Groups
- Telephone Quit Line
- Computer Blog Sites
- Family and/or Friend Support
- Local Hospitals Provide Tobacco Cessation Classes